This post will attempt to catch you up on what’s been going on in our lives as I seem to have lost all letter-writing ability. I’m sorry, to those of you who send me emails and haven’t heard back or only get a few sentences in response. I just can’t seem to get myself motivated to write back.
- We are officially hunting for a house. Prices are down, interest rates are good, and we’re looking. I looked at a great house today which is bank-owned and is priced right, but the landscaping is basically non-existent, unless it’s a weeds and tumbleweed theme. It was built in 2006 and looks like it was either never done or just was neglected. I need to check to see if there were sprinklers installed. That’s not a deal-breaker, but we’d need to work something into the deal so we got some cash back in order to invest in some landscaping. I’m not worried about the front as much as having a place for the kids to play outside in the back.
- I am still having some discomfort where my wisdom tooth was pulled. There’s still rather large hole, too, so I have to irrigate it frequently during the day with warm salt water to make sure food doesn’t get trapped in there. I have had two c-sections and I can honestly say that I think this whole experience was more painful than recovering from abdominal surgery.
- Spring is here! Tomorrow is officially the first day of spring but it’s definitely arrived already. We’re spending lots of time outside blowing bubbles, digging holes, chasing birds. It’s been great to be outside and enjoy the warm weather. One thing I can’t wait for is installing a washing line at whatever house we buy. One advantage to buying a house that needs to have the landscaping completely redone is we can design it with this in mind.
- And with spring comes allergies. I have never suffered from allergies, which is almost rare considering where I live, but it would appear that our little boy, who turned one last week, does. Horrible congestion, runny nose, red watery eyes. Last night he was almost strangling on the drainage from his sinuses. I took him in to the doctor and she confirmed that yes, it looked like allergies. She suggested an over the counter medication and it appears to be working because he went straight to sleep at 7 and hasn’t made a peep since and it’s almost ten now.
- We have begun to potty train Cutie, our 2.5 year old daughter. She’s doing very well, considering we just started on Monday. I was determined to make this is a much more pleasant experience than we had with Precious. Cutie is also a few months older than when we started with Cutie so hopefully that makes a difference as well.
- Handsome has been away on a business trip for three nights. I’m expecting him back home before midnight. It’s hard when he’s gone. In order to combat the loneliness I tend to keep us busier outside the home, which means our normal routines are a bit off. Well, by dinnertime tonight the kids were pretty wasted. They were just normal tired, but I could tell that they really missed their daddy. I’m looking forward to a day to just stay home.
I think I’ll finish there. I’m pretty tired and need to brush my teeth!